Table of Contents
The Ultimate Teething Product Guide for New Parents
As a new parent, seeing your little one suffer from the pain of teething can be heartbreaking. Thankfully, there are many products available that can help alleviate teething discomfort and make your baby feel better. In this article, weâll cover the best teething products for new parents, so you can help your little one feel better as they go through this difficult stage.
Teething rings are a classic teething product that has been around for generations. Theyâre made from safe materials that babies can chew on and help relieve teething discomfort. Some teething rings can be chilled in the refrigerator to provide extra relief.
- Nuby Silicone Teethe-EEZ Teether
- Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether
- Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether
Teething necklaces are a stylish way for moms to wear a teething product for their little one. Necklaces made from safe materials can provide mild pressure from chewing and help relieve teething symptoms.
- Chewbeads Jane Teething Necklace
- Baltic Amber Teething Necklace
- Itzy Ritzy Nursing Happens Infinity Breastfeeding Scarf
Teething mittens and gloves are designed for babies who canât yet hold onto traditional teethers. Theyâre worn on the babyâs hand and have chewable silicone materials that help relieve teething symptoms.
- Munch Mitt Teething Mitten
- Dr. Talbotâs Silicone Teething Mitten
- Ziggy Baby Teething Mitten
There are many safe teething toys available that can be chewed on and provide mild pressure on the gums. Some teething toys are designed to make noise when chewed on, which can help distract and comfort your baby.
- Sophie la Girafe
- Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle and Sensory Teether Toy
- Loulou Lollipop Hedgehog Silicone Teether
Gum massagers are designed to provide gentle massage and pressure on the gums, which can help relieve teething symptoms.
- The First Years Massaging Action Teether
- Nuby Gum-Eez First Teether
- Sassy Terry Teethers
Freezeable teethers can provide soothing relief to your babyâs sore gums. Theyâre designed to be chilled in the refrigerator or freezer and can provide extra relief when chilled.
- Munchkin Twisty Figure 8 Teether
- Baby Elephant Ears Cool Teething Ring
- Razbaby Raz-Berry Silicone Teether
In conclusion, there are many teething products available that can help alleviate your babyâs teething discomfort. As a new parent, itâs important to choose safe and effective products for your little one. With this ultimate teething product guide, youâll be able to find the right teething products to help your baby feel better during this challenging stage.
The Ultimate Teething Product Guide for New Parents FAQ
What is teething and when does it typically occur?
Teething is the process of a baby’s teeth emerging through their gums, and it typically occurs between the ages of 6 and 24 months.
What are some common signs that my baby is teething?
Some common signs include excessive drooling, chewing on objects, irritability, and sleep disruptions.
What are some safe and effective teething products?
Some safe and effective teething products include teething rings, teething toys, and chilled fruit or vegetable chunks wrapped in a mesh feeder.
Can I give my baby pain relievers for teething?
It is not recommended to give babies under 6 months old pain relievers for teething. For babies over 6 months old, you can ask your pediatrician about over-the-counter pain relievers that are safe for infants.
What are some natural remedies for teething?
Some natural remedies include rubbing a clean finger or gum massager over your baby’s gums, giving them cool water to drink, and applying a cold, damp washcloth to their gums.
Are amber teething necklaces safe?
No, amber teething necklaces are not safe for babies. They pose a choking and strangulation hazard and can break and cause a choking hazard if a bead becomes loose.
Can teething cause a fever?
Teething can cause a slight increase in body temperature, but it should not cause a fever. If your baby has a fever, it is important to contact your pediatrician.
How often should I clean my baby’s teething products?
You should clean teething products after each use with soap and water, and follow any manufacturer’s cleaning instructions.
What should I do if my baby is choking on a teething product?
If your baby is choking on a teething product, call 911 immediately and administer first aid if you are trained to do so.
What should I do if my baby is experiencing severe teething pain?
If your baby is experiencing severe teething pain, contact your pediatrician. They may be able to recommend safe pain relief options for your baby.
Teething Product Recommendations
- Teething Toys: Teething toys come in various shapes, sizes and materials which can help soothe your baby’s sore gums. Silicone teething toys, wooden teethers, and water-filled teethers are among the most popular. They are easy to hold and help stimulate the baby’s senses.
- Teething Necklaces: Teething necklaces are worn by mothers around their necks, and they are made of silicone beads that are safe for a baby to chew on. They provide a safe alternative to traditional necklaces and can keep the baby occupied while also being fashionable for the mother.
- Teething Gel: Teething gel, such as Orajel, can be applied directly to the gums to provide temporary relief. It contains a mild anesthetic that numbs the area and can help soothe the baby’s pain. However, it is essential to follow the instructions and not exceed the recommended dosage of the medicine.
- Teething Biscuits: Teething biscuits are a safe and natural way to provide your baby with something to chew on. They are made with simple ingredients like flour, water, and spices, and they are designed to dissolve easily in the baby’s mouth, reducing choking hazards.
- Teething Pads: Teething pads can be added to your baby’s carrier or car seat to protect against excessive drool and help keep your baby dry and comfortable. They are designed with absorbent materials that can help reduce the painful effects of saliva on delicate baby skin.
- Teething Tablets: Teething tablets are a homeopathic remedy that can help with the discomfort of teething. They can help your baby relax and sleep better, making the teething process easier for the baby and the parents.
- Teething Pacifiers: Teething pacifiers can help soothe your baby’s gums and provide them with a safe and sanitary object to chew on. They are designed with different textures and materials to provide your baby with the optimal amount of relief while preventing choking hazards.
- Teething Wipes: Teething wipes are designed to clean your baby’s mouth during the teething process. They are safe and gentle on your baby’s delicate skin, and they can help reduce pain and irritation caused by excessive drool.
- Teething Bibs: Teething bibs are designed to cover your baby’s neck and chest, preventing excessive drool from soaking through to their clothes. They are also designed with absorbent materials that can help minimize the irritation and chafing that can occur with excessive drool.
- Teething Rings: Teething rings, like teething toys, can be made of different materials such as silicone, rubber, wood, or plastic. Different shapes and textures are made to provide the baby relief from sore gums. A refrigerated teething ring can also bring cooling relief to the sore gums.
Pros & Cons of Teething Products